The Creative Ireland Programme is seeking to further develop, diversify and expand the offering and audience for Cruinniú na nÓg in 2022.
Cruinniú na nÓg is Ireland’s national day of free creative activity for children and young people up to 18 years of age. Over the past 3 years it has become a key date in Ireland’s cultural calendar, providing opportunities for Ireland’s 1.2 million children and young people, to be inquisitive and curious, to be inventive and innovative, and to fulfil a creative ambition or showcase an inner creative talent. In 2022, Cruinniú na nÓg will take place on Saturday 11th June.
The Creative Ireland Programme is therefore inviting applications from organisations who have a demonstrable capacity to deliver Cruinniú na nÓg audience scalability nationwide through the provision of free creative activities for children and young people.
Specifically this call for applications seeks to;
- collaborate with strategic partners in the delivery of this national day of creativity for children and young people as a key cultural event in 2022;
- increase the choice of creative activity, across a wide genre, available to children and young people and in particular harder to reach young people;
- deliver creative engagement opportunities either in-person or online (in accordance with prevailing public health guidance) to a large-scale audience online and/or in multiple locations throughout the country; and
- foster collaborations and synergies between the activities of strategic partners and local authority Culture and Creativity Teams in relevant areas.
- we are open to projects that connect with the young diaspora abroad via our collaboration with Department of Foreign Affairs.
Closing date for receipt of online applications is 5pm Monday 29th November 2021.
For more information, head over to the information page on the Creative Ireland website.