Sheila from Leixlip Library has a lovely craft for us today which would make an excellent Mother’s Day gift. To make Sheila’s craft jar of Hugs and Hearts, you will need:
- A clean jam jar
- Coloured card
- A flowered serviette
- A paint brush
- Some twine
- Some shredded tissue
- Paint some glue on the jar. Tear up pieces of the serviette and place on the glue jar like decoupage.
- Continue till the jar is completely covered like in the photo.
- Next cut out hearts from the coloured card and write some nice messages to your mum.
- Put these hearts into the jar.
- Cut a circle from the material making it big enough to cover the top of jar again as in photos.
- Tie some twine around the lid and decorate as you wish.
Enjoy and happy hugs to all our wonderful mums on mother’s day.