Craft by Sheila, Leixlip Library
Today I thought we could make some finger puppets! I have chosen a sheep and a lion. Maybe after you can have fun doing a puppet show.
What you will need to make the puppets:
- Felt in a few colours. I’ve used dark brown, black, toffee colour and white.
- Card for templates.
- Red and black paint
For the Lion :
1. Cut out puppet templates, 1 in brown felt for the lion.
2. Glue at the edge and fold in two.
3. Then cut the star shape in toffee colour for the lions head.
4. Draw in face with dots of red paint.
For the Sheep :
1. Cut a template in black felt for the sheep body.
2. Again glue at the edge and fold in two.
3. Cut shape for 2 ears in white felt and white felt shape for face.
4. Draw in face with dots of red paint
I hope you have fun with your very own puppets.